This is an exciting opportunity for an ASP.NET Software Developer-Team Leader to join our client based in Worcestershire. Our client is one of the UK's largest software solutions providers for the broker Insurance industry and they are looking for an ASP.NET Software Developer-Team Leader to manage a team of developers and deliver to a schedule of work associated with developing Microsoft .Net software products in a commercial environment.
Job Title: Software Developer-Team Leader
* Manage a team of developers in the design, production, and unit testing of .Net and SQL Server code for the use in products
* Manage the work schedule and plan resources to achieve optimum utilisation
* Deliver to schedule without compromising quality.
* Monitor team workload, adhering to key working practices, and ensuring compliance with rules as laid out in the company handbooks.
* Support, guide and mentor team members to achieve optimum personal performance and assist with career development
* Contribute to the co-ordination of database design, solution architecture and implementation in support of products.
* Problem solve key, complex issues as they arise
* Be the central point of contact for the team and the team's activities, escalating as appropriate to the Head of Software development to ensure visibility and resolution of risks and issues
* Other tasks as directed by the Head of Software Development
The Software Developer-Team Leader will be educated to degree level or will hold an equivalent level qualification in a relevant discipline. You will have experience of designing and developing multi tier .Net / SQL Server applications at a high level and you will have practical experience of all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You will also have good knowledge of Transact SQL and SQL Server 2005 or 2008 and good knowledge of ASP.NET (3.5 preferred) or.NET (2.0 or above).
As the Software Developer-Team Leader you will have the ability to drive, support and motivate team members and be able to exercise sound judgement and make decisions in a pressured environment.
It is desirable that you have experience of application development on systems with high volumes of data and large numbers of concurrent users and it is highly advantageous if you have general Insurance / financial services industry knowledge.
Grad Central is a new service aimed at matching the best graduates with companies across the West Midlands and is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you have not previously registered on the Grad Central website, by applying for this role you agree to be automatically added to our database of job seekers. You will be issued with log-in details to your own Grad Central account where you can update your profile with your job preferences, set up job alerts and access our bank of helpful job hunting information.
If you do not wish us to hold onto your details you can delete your profile from our database by logging in and following the relevant options.
We do not pass on any information to third parties. Please refer to our website for our full terms and conditions.
Unfortunately this job has now expired.
Please click here
to search for more jobs.
Alternatively you can register
and set up job alerts
to be informed of the latest vacancies.