Grad Central Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of Business (Employers) and our Terms and Conditions of Business (Candidates) and any other documents referred to on them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Grad Central Limited (registered number 06758423 of 3 The Courtyard, Roman Way, Coleshill, Birmingham, West Midlands B46 1HQ.
1 INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
1.1 We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.grad-central.co.uk (“our site”).
• Information provided by you at any time during your use of our services, or where you request further services.
• Information provided by you if you contact us to report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes from time to time, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2 IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
2.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2.2 For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
3 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to use the services on or to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
3.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4 USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
4.1 We use information held about you in the following ways (dependant on the circumstances and in relation to clause 4.1.4 in particular some but not necessarily all of the specified services):
4.1.1 to provide our job advertising and related services to you (as may be developed from time to time) and to facilitate the recruitment process;
4.1.2 to answer your questions and enquiries;
4.1.3 to enable us to develop and market other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website and our group companies websites when you log on to make enrich your personal online experience);
4.1.4 where you are seeking work,
184.108.40.206 to enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
220.127.116.11 to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to prospective employers in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs;
18.104.22.168 to consider and inform you of vacancies which we think may be of interest to you;
22.214.171.124 to perform vetting services, obtain references, verify the details provided to us and undertake criminal record checks or other similar checks from time to time.
4.2 We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties, for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the registration form.
4.3 We, or any selected third parties with whom we share your data, will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) if you have consented to this by ticking the relevant box on the registration form.
5 DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
5.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if Certes Computing Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Business (Employers) or Terms of Business (Candidates) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Grad Central, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6 YOUR RIGHTS
6.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, or pass your personal data to third parties for them to process for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6.2 Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7 ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.