If you’re looking to jumpstart your career in business and professional services then contacting Grad Central and considering a move to the West Midlands would be an excellent first step. The range of graduate business and professional services job opportunities in the West Midlands is diverse, as you’d expect from a region where Business & Professional Services is the fastest growing commercial section, and one rated as the UK's leading business and professional services centre outside London.Our graduate roles cover the following professional services areas:
Add to this the mixture of vibrant cities and wide, open countryside the West Midlands can contribute fantastic variety and a diverse lifestyle to any professional services career. Finding the right balance between work life and personal life is an important consideration for many graduates and is a quality that is widely offered in the West Midlands area.
Grad Central, the leading graduate recruitment specialists in the West Midlands, are highly experienced in matching your skills and experience to Professional services employers throughout the West Midlands region. Our focus on the West Midlands and our dedication to the businesses within it has enabled us to form relationships with leading professional and business services companies throughout the area.
Business and professional services graduates in the West Midlands
The business and professional services sector in the West Midlands currently employs around 250,000 professionals. In Birmingham alone, the region's capital city, employs over 90,000 professionals and is the focus of our capability:
- Home to 200 law firms
- A wealth of highly talented banking specialists
- Many top accountants
- 50 major property services companies
- One of Europe's largest insurance markets
The success of the region is reflected in the number of home-grown firms enjoying success on an international platform and the number of businesses eager to relocate and expand operations into the region.
- Legal & Financial Services - Birmingham is home to the country's largest local law society; largest set of barristers' chambers in the country; and the newest branch of the College of Law.
- Shared Service Centres - Alongside workforce availability, a 2004 study placed Birmingham in the 'star' category of Shared Service Centre destinations, providing 'very good value for money'.
- Contact Centres - Regional strengths have attracted a number of global businesses, looking for the right location for their major back office/contact centre operations, into the region.
- Business Process Outsourcing - Our superb infrastructure balanced with our competitive cost base is a real incentive for businesses looking for a location to site their processing operations.
Active professional networks
The dynamic professional services sector in the region has a number of very active organisations dedicated to the growth and development of the profession in the region:
- Birmingham Forward is the network for business and professional services firms in Birmingham.
- FineST is the network for professional service firms in North Staffordshire.
- Coventry First was created as a forum for sharing best practice and increasing employment in the Coventry-based business and professional services sector.
- Telford Business Partnership is a growing and influential group of specialist and professional business services providers
Read about some of the talented graduates that we have placed on our case studies page.
To view jobs in this sector click here